I’ve always thought of myself as a light packer but my housemate is pretty unconvinced that I’ll be able to do carry on (rude.) I’ve definitely had less make up in the past travelling, and I probably don’t need this much now – but it’s so easy to accumulate. You get 7kg with carry on with majority of airlines these days and boy does that all add up!
All my items fit into the two above bags, the clear one being flight approved 1litre, 20 x 20 cm resalable (You can get one here from Globite.) The other is just a cute peach and watermelon print I picked up from Daiso for $2.80. So here’s my constant 2 beauty bags and what I pack inside.
MY MAKEUP BASICS!
These are my basics, I know – it seems like a bit too much to have for basics but they do all have their uses.
- Sun Sense Daily Face Sunscreen.
Coming from Australia, I constantly wear sunscreen and I refuse to go anywhere without it on my face. This one is tinted and 50+ so I can also wear it on its own.
- Mecca Cosmetics: Primer and Finishing Spray.
Primer and Finishing spray is great to use if you’re going out / having a long day and don’t want your make-up to wear off.
- The Body Shop Foundation
I’m pretty fair, so this foundation is SPF 15+ and has the ability to be built up or worn sparingly which I think is important if you’re not one to like heavier liquids.
- Maybelline Age Rewind
This is to remove any dark circles under the eyes.
I have a green one to tackle any redness and then a cover up for those tricky blemishes.
- Nude by Nature
This is a cover powder.
My daily look is just the Sun Sense – Daily face SPF 50+ as well as the Nude Powder and the Instant Age Rewind Erase Dark Circles.
- Blush & Bronzer
I use Galifornia by Benefit and FitMe! by Maybelline
- The Blushed Nudes Pallet
I often go for a pink tones and copper because they bring out my eyes. This one offers a range of colours in a very thin case, which makes it fit easily.
- Nude Eyeshadow Trio.
I use the browns for my eyebrows and the shimmer for a little highlighter.
- Brushes – 3 x Eyeshadow 1 x Eyebrow.
- Very Vegan Mascara – I forgot to chuck this in the picture, but I do use mascara also lmao
MY SKIN CARE!
Skin care is so important when you travel due to the change in climate, the fact you’re going to be doing more activities and eating different foods. I have pretty sensitive skin, which means I break out easily which isn’t my favourite thing about myself… To combat that. these are the products I use:
edit: I have since removed the exfoliate/serum products after double checking the ingredients and no longer using them.
EcoStore: Coconut Soap is actually my holy grail. I use it on my face, hair and body. It doesn’t irritate my skin, I don’t need conditioner and it doesn’t make me breakout (I’ve been using it for over a year!). It’s got no nasties and according to the Cosmetics Search Ingredients is a pretty safe bet. It’s also under $3 and lasts ages!
- Jama Deodorant: This is the best smelling deodorant in the whole world. It’s Rose/Vanilla so no matter how much I walk, I just smell like this. I can’t get over it.
- Night Moisturizer: I like this night cream, but the downside is the packaging. It makes it slightly awkward to pack.
- Savlon: Everyone has different takes on Savlon, but it really works for me. It’s antibacterial properties help prevent new spots and also helps any scarring / current spots. It doesn’t work for everyone – so best to test.
What items do you take with you traveling? Do I have too much / too little? Let me know!
As always, Stay cool.